The Mets have a 9.5 game lead with 19 games to play, good for a magic number of 10. The Nationals won late last night, even after loud mouthed schnook Jonathan Papelbon not only complained about his time in Philadelphia, but proceeded to blow his first save of the season in the 10th inning by allowing a solo home run to Freddy Galvis. Oddly enough, it came on the one year anniversary of perhaps his most infamous blown save last season.
Elsewhere around MLB:
- NY Times: Mets thought hard before acquiring Yoenis Cespedes
- Vice: Curtis Granderson is your favorite Met
- ESPN: The Mets turnaround is historic, and so is Yoenis Cespedes
- JABO: Many MLB veterans are about to get their first taste of the Postseason
- JABO: How the Kansas City Royals outdid their PECOTA projections
- JABO: Mets outfield turnaround
- Metsblog: Paul DePodesta open to being GM for another team
- JABO: The Strike Zone is a Volume?