Welcome to Day 5 of the Harvey Saga. We open today with a new report from Bob Nightengale of USA Today. Nightengale reports that Harvey has one regular season start left after tonight (and possibly a second if the last series against Washington is meaningful). After that, he will be limited to one start per playoff round, and perhaps 60 pitches per start. To read the whole story, click here.
More on Harvey:
- FiveThirtyEight – innings limit is just a guess
- SB Nation – the few things Matt Harvey and Scott Boras got right
- JABO – Mets setting a dangerous precedent
- JABO – Mets don’t need increased pressure
Elsewhere around MLB:
- Deadspin – Bryce Harper angry at Nats fans leaving early
- Metsblog – 2016 schedule announced
- Deadspin – recap of yesterday’s game
- ESPN (Insider) – Mets need to resolve Harvey situation, other notes from around MLB
- ESPN – Yankees’ Eovaldi shut down for two weeks
- Of note: Atlanta Braves remained only the second worst team in the majors, beating the Philadelphia Phillies, the consensus pick for worst team. It was only their second win in their last 21 games. In their 1-19 stretch, according to Keith Costas, they were outscored by 101 runs, only the second time since 1900 a team has been outscored by 100+ runs in a 20 game stretch.